The National Telecommunications Institute (NTI) was founded in 1984 to be a center for telecommunications systems, technologies, policies and management.
NTI as a scientific, training and research institution has the following objectives:
- Providing high quality, advanced post graduate engineering education and training in the field of telecommunications in order to meet the demand for professional engineers in modern telecommunication technology.
- Conducting and sponsoring researches in the telecommunications field with the aim of solving technical problems which confront telecommunication companies, promoting local telecommunication industry and formulating a version for the future.
- Providing technical and policy expertise in the form of consultation services, feasibility studies, network planning, standardization, technology assessment studies and field measurements and testing.
- Organizing seminars, workshops and conferences in the various fields of telecommunication technology, policy and management.
- Cooperating with regional and international organizations working in information and communications technology field.